Friday 23 December 2016

Self-Worth


I thought you disliked me,

I thought you hated me,

All I wanted to do was to please you,

All I wanted was your acceptance,

I always believed It was my fault,

I was inadequate,

I was not good enough,

But, I am not the problem,

Nor are you,


It is my past, who is firmly holding onto my present,

It is my past, who is straight-jacketing my future,

It is my past, who created the enemy within,

My inner critic,

That nagging voice,

Which comprehends no silence,

I had become accustomed to darkness,

But, with every darkness exists a countering light,

Mine met me like a long-lost friend,

In being apart for so long,

We could not let go of one another,

On feeling your touch,

It soothed me,

It began to loosen all my knots.

Liked what you read?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Liked what you read?
© A Million Thoughts A Minute . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig