Sunday 21 May 2017

Difference



You made up your mind,

My headscarf,

My skin colour,

My gender,

All spoke for me,

When you were being told about me, did you listen for my voice?

Did you pause, think, search, for the truth?

I did not choose my skin colour,

I did not choose my gender,

My faith, I believe to be my saviour,

To you I am an inferior other, a threat, a criminal,

But, I am the one left feeling like a victim,

Born into a system where I’m unequal,

Burdened by pain, sadness and anger,

Because who I truly am holds no value,

My externalities make me irrelevant,

My voice is silenced,

I am already spoken for.

Liked what you read?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Liked what you read?
© A Million Thoughts A Minute . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig