Friday 27 October 2017

Authenticity



You tore me down,

Put me on permanent alert,

What I should look like,

Who I should be,

How I should live,

I craved to hear my own voice,

I realised,

I didn't need to feel this way anymore,

I didn't need your permission,

Your standards are unrealistic,

I saw through all the false pretences,

The disguises,

The many faces,

Of your totalitarian oppression and injustice,

So, I decided you don't control me anymore,

I cut of all the puppet strings,

I began to discover the unique energy that existed within,

Its many shades, accents,

My strength,

My potential,

The beauty of my specialness, in every sense.


Liked what you read?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Liked what you read?
© A Million Thoughts A Minute . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig