Sunday 19 February 2017

Milestones



I was never the one boys chased after,

My inbox wasn't at capacity,

Flirting, a mystery,

To be pursued, how did that feel?


Not pretty enough to be talked about,

Not pretty enough to be jealous of,

I was invisible,

I could never be your fantasy,

I could never be the hot topic of your conversations,

You would never compete over me,

Yet, I’m glad,

In wanting to be a part of it,

I thought I had missed out,

I knew what was behind it all,

Maybe wiser beyond my years,

You weren't good enough for me,

You were stuck playing games,

Trying to score as many medals and trophies,

Not caring who you stepped over in the process,

Gloating in the surrounding cheers,

I had identified the emptiness behind your smiles,

You were stunted emotionally and intellectually,

Boys and girls you remained,

Whilst I transcended long before.

Liked what you read?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Liked what you read?
© A Million Thoughts A Minute . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig